Monday, April 15, 2013

Healthy Habits - What I'm learning


I'm involved in two healthy habit challenges right now and I love it.  Last week was the first week of my Healthy Habit Challenge with friends from work and family.  I was so motivated and I notice that the support really helped me stay focused.  I still ended up with two treat days (all it took was having to taste a piece of chocolate to see if I could use it in my recipe...oh well). I still got in 5 days of exercise and I can tell choices.

I'd love to hear what you learned from this experience.

Here's what I learned: 

1) I don't get in as much fruit and vegetables as I thought
2) On the weekends my timetable for eating shifts down and I often don't finish eating by 9pm (this was a big surprise)
3) It didn't take long for my body to adjust to the extra water - and now I am better at identifying that thirsty feeling

Thank you so much for doing this with me.  I am LOVING the extra motivation and support.

1 comment:

HelenA said...

Thanks for sharing! I'm learning too. I totally lost my 28-day DietBet, but I didn't really commit myself until after Easter, which was 14 days in. In the last 2 weeks, I lost 6 pounds, which is more than I lost the first 3 months of the year. I joined another 28-day DietBet that started on Monday. Why would I join again when I lost the first one? Because this is the first challenge that made me work for it. On any other challenge, I would mess up (too much eating & not enough exercising), gain weight, and then say, “I’ll just start again next week.” This time, I saw the days ticking down, and even though I started Day 15 at a higher weight than Day 1, I tried really hard to still lose the weight. And I learned that when I do the work (exercise, track calories, drink water, walk 10000 steps at work), I get results. (What?! I can’t sit around all day and eat whatever I want and lose weight?!) The old me lost 4 pounds in 3 months (Jan-Mar) with the “I’ll-just-start-again-next-week” mantra. The new me lost 6 pounds in 2 weeks with the “challenge-countdown” ticker. Sounds like I need a new mantra...