Saturday, September 5, 2009

Fire!

Do you know that song by Bad Religion? "The hills of Los Angeles are bur ur ur ning..." I've been singing that for days. The fires started last Wednesday in La Canada (where I teach) and burned toward La Crescenta (where I live), and then past us to Lakeview Terrace/Sunland/Tujunga where they did the most damage before turning back in toward the wilderness.

The inside of my house smells like the inside of a barbeque pit. The inside of Todd's truck smells like he has been smoking a stogie a day for the last 20 years. My car, being a Lexus, smells like roses...toasted roses actually.

School was to have started on Monday last, but the air quality was so bad and the fire danger still so stong that school opening was delayed. Monday evening at 5pm I found out that school would not open on Tuesday either. Tuesday evening I was disappointed to learn we would need to report for duty on Wednesday. I like work and I didn't mind returning, but I was jealous that Brandon's school (different school district) got Wednesday off!

Boot camp has been closed for a full week. I went to Michelle's boot camp on Tuesday and that was great. And on Friday morning I met with a fre friends at Michelle's studio for an hour of hard work, but I haven't been able to do boot camp or consistent exercise for a week. Here's a huge change: I missed it.

Today we are in Irvine at Todd's latest fabulous creation: Main Street Village www.liveonmainstreet.com (please check it out...wow) enjoying the pool and the ambiance. We are staying in a 2-bedroom suite and Clarke is here with us (YAY!). The gym here is off the hook and I worked out hard for an hour this morning, lots of intervals (well, 3) and I sweat like a man!

I have a lot to write about...but I'm tired and I'm old enough to have the freedom to take a nap when I need one.

Talk to you soon. -Kristen

No comments: