Friday, October 8, 2010

Best Birthday!

Clarke made me a cake.  It bears repeating: Clarke baked me a cake for my birthday.  This is new.  It is a first.  Normally I do the birthday cake baking...but not this time!  It was deeeelicious!

When I arrived at work on Thursday I received greeting after greeting from friends and students and parents.  How did they all know it was my birthday?  Well, my dear friend Carol (retired last year) went to school and hung a Happy Birthday banner, sprinkled very large Happy Birthday confetti all over my "porch", wrapped up the railing with some sparkly wire, and left her crown tied to my door knob.  With the crown was a note saying, " you may BORROW this for one day." 

Then the 6th graders sang Happy Birthday to me.  Then the 2nd graders.  Then the 4th graders...you see a pattern here, don't you?!  They are so good to me.

A friend bought a Porto's cake with magic sauce (official ingredient title) for me.  We had Chipotle for lunch (although they forgot 4 orders of chips...ack!).  And I got to meet with my therapist to report on how my parenting is improving (I got 2 gold stars--out of one--!!).  Then Todd and I went to the temple.  We had a fantastic chapel session where I learned a great deal.  And I also had many insights into the material presented in the ceremony.  It was such a lovely night.  (no, I wasn't thrilled about going to the temple at first)

I have to tell you a story about one of the 4th graders...but I'll have to come back to that tomorrow.

Let me also say that I decided to post a PayPal widget to help me raise funds to get an iPad (I thought I would be getting one yesterday...)  But, I DID get a GPS for my car!  Todd  is very good to me.  And we had a great dinner at Houston's to round out the day.

I must also tell you about the cards Clarke & Jason gave me.  More tomorrow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"And the best part was my wonderful and handsome husband took me to dinner at Houston's, sparing no expense to make me happy. Alone time with the man of my dreams; what a wonderful end to a great day!"

KA Morefield said...

Whoops! I left that part out.

What I meant to say is that my husband took me out to a really, really nice dinner, a delicious dinner actually, and we enjoyed licking the buttery sauce of the grilled artichokes off of each others fingers.